Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blogger of the Week:

Mia Taylor Head Blogger of

Check out her blog here: Diary of a Fatshionista

After cruising on Gabi's Young, Fat & Fabulous fashion blog last summer, I came across a fashionable diva hailing from my hometown of Charlotte, NC. Amazed with her endless collection of wonderful leather jackets, thrifted blazers, and amazing dress collections, I wanted to know more about Mia. This diva has inspired me to embrace my curves and to ignore the standards society has created for plus size women. I am so happy to finally have her as one of the bloggers of the week! She is such an amazing woman! With the fine mixture of classy, chic style, Mia is taking the fashion blog world by storm.


What inspires you to post on your blog?

I love to share with my readers what I wear on a day-to-day basis. Whether it’s in a classroom or club setting. I want to show them they don’t have to be afraid to wear stylish items just because of their size. I just want to be someone they can look at and say “hey I can do this too!”

Do you thrift often if so, where and how often?

I used to go thrifting atleast twice a week. Now, I don’t frequent that much because of my busy schedule. The main thing I look for in thrift stores are blazers. I found an amazing one for less than $2 at Carolina Thrift in Greensboro for my Los Angeles vacation. I love Carolina Thrift in Greensboro and the Goodwill in Winston-Salem.


What was your best find(s) at a thrift store (or any other store)?

My best thrift store find are my selection of clutches. I was obsessed with envelope clutches and still am. When I go thrifiting, the first section I go to is the handbags. I get so excited finding a new clutch. I found a vintage Dooney and Bourke bag a few years ago and gave it to my friend for her birthday. She was really excited because she wanted a vintage Dooney.

How has blogging changed your perspective on the outside world of fashion?

When I first began blogging, I wasn’t focused on plus size fashion. It was just my love of fashion in general, especially designers and things I like. After Gabi from Young, Fat, and Fabulous featured me on her blog, so many of her followers visited my blog! Then a little light came on inside my head and I realized I should blog about plus size fashion since I am a plus size girl. Last year, I created Diary of a Fatshionista and here I am today. I still have the same love of fashion regardless of size. I love watching Alexander Wang and Chanel fashion shows online. I just know that I won’t be able to fit those items. I have to take what I see from the runway and make it my own.


Who are some of your favorite fashion bloggers?


What are your current plans as a fashion blogger?

Blogging is the new wave of journalism. Being a print journalism major, I am pursuing a career in fashion journalism. I want to incorporate my blog in whatever I do. In the next 15 years, my name is going to be in a major magazine’s masthead.


No comments: