Tuesday, April 19, 2011

High School Confessions

Hello Loves,

I want you all to meet the wonderful Lisa Michelle of Charlotte, NC. This fashion diva in the making defines her style by wearing black combat boots, high shouldered blazers, and bold prints! Please step into the world of this high school senior who has dreams of becoming a fashion great in the industry! Check her out!


1. Where do you draw your inspirations from?

Everywhere! From magazines, movies, posters; pretty much whatever gives me a new idea. I like to dress in different styles and some how come up with my own. I learned that if you stick to one "style" then you can only look but so good!

2.What magazines (mainstream and underground) do you read?

VOGUE definitely. The usual ELLE, and TEENVOGUE. I also like to read NYLON and online magazines that are less popular like Patent Magazine, they catch the fads and info that mainstream magazines sometimes miss.



3. Where is your favorite place to thrift?

Platos Closet! Then Goodwill, Community Thrift Store and Value Village. Sometimes independent boutiques because I know for sure NO ONE else will have what I have by a long shot.

4.Do many of your friends thrift, do you go together?

Yeah, some of them do. I think its becoming more popular to shop at thrift stores. People are starting to realize that they are paying a lot of money just to dress in clothes that some airhead put their name on.

5. What is one of your favorite thrifted items that you have purchased to date?

I lovvvvvve my pink striped blazer!! I originally bought it as a white and red striped blazer but I took some pink dye from wal-mart, took some sequin material and sewed lightening bolts on it and made it into a pink blazer with a black sequin shoulder design! I love it!

(Model on the Left has on the blazer Lisa mentions)

6. What advice would you give to other high school girls who think that sticking to label names like Polo and Coach is the way to go?

Find a style that's YOURS. Shopping strictly at places like Forever 21 or Polo is ridiculous. I think its fine to get two items or so from a place and create an outfit that resembles who you are, but to dressed down from head to toe in namebrand clothing is not having style, its being a posterchild for that brand. You'd be better off being bare naked than wearing clothes that speaks for someone else and their style, or following after everyone else and the new fad. As my idol Gabrielle Chanel once said, "Fashion fades, only STYLE remains the same."

No comments: