Saturday, July 2, 2011

Savant's Soulful Tune

"The gloss of her skin seemed to glow and glisten, stood in awe and resented how the sun kissed her."
-Savant

After featuring my lovely friend Makeda in her Artist Profile: You May Enter , I have gotten the chance to interact with many up and coming artists in the area and beyond. After getting an email from Savant, a Chicago native, I had to feature his song "Skin" that he recorded with Makeda. This song is something special and I really wanted to share it with my lovely followers!! On top of that, I got a chance to do a mini interview with this dope artist !!

Check out Savant's single 'Skin" here: SKIN



I'm originally from Chicago but currently based in Tucson, Arizona where I'm a student. My music moniker is Savant (aka Stanstro). I'd describe my music as high quality, high soul, low frills and low filler. My influences are scattered all over the spectrum of urban music from Mos Def and Rakim to Van Hunt and Rahsaan Patterson to Amel Larrieux and Erykah Badu, to Bob Marley to Billy Corgan to Eric Clapton, to Sia Furler and Gretchen Parlato.

Smooches!!!

No comments: