Sunday, February 2, 2014

Beauty & The Beat

Hello February and Happy Sunday! 

This past Thursday (January 30th), I had the awesome pleasure of speaking at a local university here in Winston-Salem for the lovely ladies of Gamma Sigma Rho. The sorority's program was called "Love Yourself," in which myself and the beautiful blogger Demetrice,of IMPR(4L)ess ,spoke about ways to embrace our true beauty and style without compromising our dignity.

Demetrice is just a sweetheart, I made it my goal to meet some of my favorite bloggers this year and she is number 2 so far! 
Ashley of Fab Ellis was the first! This was at her event in Greensboro a week ago.
Being invited back on to a college campus after graduating in May was definitely nostalgic! Being in an environment where women are not tearing one another down, was just exciting and refreshing! 


After our discussions, we had break out session where some of the ladies got a chance to have their makeup done by me!

I truly enjoyed the personal conversations that I had with these beautiful women! It is amazing how makeup and conversation go hand in hand.

Navy lattice print tights are from Old Navy & the Leather Skirt is thrifted. Check out this skirt in past posts:
{OOTD} I Dream of Versace

Giving out business cards and discussing tips to a flawless face!

And just to think, all of the things that I have accomplished in the month of January all started from my virtual vision board.

When your ideas come to fruition, no one or nothing can stop you!

Smooches 

2 comments:

Whitney 'Nic' James said...

This is awesome! Looks like you all had a great time. Keep up with great work - 2014 is off to an amazing start! XO!

~Whitney
www.whitneynicjames.com

Unknown said...

Thank you Whitney! January was a whirlwind! 2014 looks amazing on you as well my love!